Tuesday, February 24, 2009

No Corgi Control Needed with THIS Girl!


One Corgi girl I don't have to worry about getting into trouble is 'Sissy', alias "Gramma". She is 10 years old, and sweet as can be! I acquired her at the end of last summer, and after having her dental work done, and after 2 courses of antibiotics to eliminate her urinary tract infection, we had no trouble falling for her calm and quiet ways. She is a black-headed tri, has had several litters of pups, which I have no doubt she truly loved with all of her corgi heart! She had been spayed before I got her (even though she had paperwork from 2 registries) and was kept up to date on her shots.

Sissy is my little traveling companion and goes everywhere with me. She sits and waits quietly in the car while I run into the post office to mail a package, or she will go in with me to the local Tractor Supply for critter vittles and whatever hardware item we might need for our 'on the farm' quick-fix. She never complains, and rarely will she get upset (unless there is too much commotion from the other dogs - she HATES commotion!). Right now, she is the Dog of the Day, following me from room to room where I am doing chores. At this moment, she is laying on a rug not far from where I am sitting - she appears to be dozing off, like a good little granny dog! She has very little control issues that need to be addressed - although she has occasional over-involvement in the squirrel feeder when the squirrels are present - oh, and she does LOVE to hunt for meesey-mice under the brush in our woods! Sissy is faithful to come when she's called and is a fan of watching TV with a bowl of popcorn near-by! Sissy is a real sweetheart, and there's a lot to be said in praise of older dog adoptions!

5 comments:

^..^Corgidogmama said...

You stole my dog!
My Addie is the spittin' image of your little Sissy!
Oh my gosh...they're twins!
Addie goes everywhere with me as well, even the bathroom.
Our tri's love popcorn too, and lick up the dregs of my decaf tea.
I always say, well, they "are" Welsh.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Sissy is a sweetie one. Our dogs are old now and I really enjoy them a lot more than when they were hyper and downright destructive. Sure was good of you to adopt an older doggie...

betty said...

first time at your blog; your "new" corgi is sooo cute! we have a 4-year-old red-head tri :)

betty

Infrared Goggles said...

What a sweet girl! Love that she enjoys running errands with you. :)

Cathy Santarsiero, "The Christmas Corgi" said...

Kiss that sweet girl on the nose for me. ^..^