Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Woods Awakens - and The Road Not Taken...



The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
to where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads onto way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a woods, and I -
Took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost (1874 - 1963)

7 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I absolutely love your post today and I love Frost's poem. He sure knew the secret to living - years ago.

The road 'most' taken is easier,the road 'least' taken is harder - but it's a richer experience.

Love the picture of the tree with the eye on it.

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Beautiful poem, and great pictures.
Molly

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

The little elf peeking out in yer last photo -- adorable!

You sure live in a beautiful place...

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

That is actually one of my favorites by "Frost". Loved this post.

Terry said...

Love your post . And your blog !!!!
This was my first visit .Looking forward to dropping in again soon.
I have really enjoyed myself.
Thank you for sharing.
Blessings to you for Mothers Day.

libbydibbydo said...

i just found your blog and am enjoying it...i have a corgi too and just adore her...she's spoiled and my expanding sausage! i lived in michigan for 25+ years...we lived in fremont--michigan is my gene pool--my family is from there since 1835...now we live in louisiana--i love it down here and love being away from the snow...

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Monica, a really inspiring, thoughtful post! Loved it, and your pics.