Wednesday, June 17, 2009

About AdSense - My Rant for the Day!


Many bloggers use AdSense to help earn a little bit more cash from their blogs, and I have been one of them. I followed their rules, and used no arrows pointing to the Google Ads on my blog, no signs that said "Click HERE!" As I reached the $100 earnings pay-out amount yesterday, this is the email I received from them, and you may read it below:

While going through our records recently, we found that your AdSense account has posed a significant risk to our AdWords advertisers. Since keeping your account in our publisher network may financially damage our advertisers in the future, we've decided to disable your account. Please understand that we consider this a necessary step to protect the interests of both our advertisers and our other AdSense publishers. We realize the inconvenience this may cause you, and we thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions about your account or the actions we've taken, please do not reply to this email. You can find more information by visiting https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=57153&hl=en_US. Sincerely, The Google AdSense Team
Because of this, I am removing the Google Ads from my blog. I am through with them! It does not matter if a person follows their rules or not - when you approach pay-out time, they will disable your account.

9 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I'm so glad you posted this. I have been hesitant to make my blog commercial by putting ads on it - - - and yet part of me would like to bring in a little cash.

This confirms for me my decision to remain noncommercial!!!

Angela said...

Wow! I'm sorry to hear that! I have seen the ads on other blogs but I'm not sure that I had noticed them on yours. I love your new background with the cute graphics on the sidebar.

I don't have any ads on my blog but I have noticed that the kitty thing at the bottom of my blog at times will throw up an ad and I know I'm not getting paid for it nor did I sign up for it. Don't know how that works. Maybe I should get rid of kitty but it is sooo cute!

Hugs,
Angela

Nancy at the Farm said...

We are wondering what sort of "risk" you pose to advertisers? What a bunch of baloney! We wrote to Google (and did not mention your name) and told them we will never use their services (not that we did). Shame on them!

Love, Dozer, Dottie and Cooper

Chatty Crone said...

Ditto (shame on them) - what in the world could be your risk? I just put it on my Blog - now it's coming off.

Barbara Jean said...

Hi Monica,
I'm not familiar with ad sense, but sounds like something i will avoid.

thanks for the tip.

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

Postcardy said...

I would like to know what they mean. I was under the impression that adsense wasn't supposed to be on Google blogs though I don't know the reason and have seen it on a lot of blogs.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

LOL...my dear, as you recall, I threw them off months ago, because it was obviously a Stupid Google Scam. HA! And their motto is "Don't Be Evil," WTF, they are too big for their britches, the idiots.

Well honey try BlogHer or something like that if you want to try for money, or offer a place on yer blog outright for dog-related advertisers to rent...

Dismom said...

Very interesting-I'm sure I'll be getting the same song and dance soon enough!

Terry said...

Thank you for posting this .
I have tossed and turned about whether or not this was for real.
It seemed to good to be true but I have not known anyone first hand to talk to about it.
I am so sorry they treated you so bad.
I am truly thankful that you shared this important information.
Thank you .
Bless you !
Happy Trails