Thursday, July 23, 2009

GET R DONE FRIDAY - oh my....

Welcome to this weeks' segment of GET R DONE FRIDAY!

If you are visiting and would like to join us, please do! It is very easy!
All you have to do is:
  • Create post about a project you have completed - it can be something 'crafty', remodeling, planting a vine or a vineyard - it's totally up to you!
  • Link in with the Mr. Linky at the bottom of this post.
  • Visit all the participates and leave a comment so they know you have stopped by.
  • Be sure to refer viewers back to my blog so everyone can see who is participating today, and if you like - include the GET R DONE FRIDAY picture button (seen at the top of today's post) in your write-up. Please be sure to have your post up before linking in. Thanks so much!
All week long I've been excitedly working on my project for this week - - my bathroom re-decorating. I have been painting and 2nd coating everything, touching up, and re-touching up. Mr. Wonderful picked the colors out, and I think he did a danged good job! Last Friday I showed you what the 'before' looked like.
As you can see, the white vanity cabinet, and the shabby-looking mirror on the medicine cabinet. The following pics are what it looks like tonight - and not finished yet, but I'm still working on it. You can see the cabinet color has changed to "Potato Brown" - Dutch Boy brand. The green is called "Camo-pants". Yes, I know it does not look so great next to the mauve floor tile, but pretend the floor isn't there. It won't be for long, but I have to get the cabinets finished before we can look at flooring! I plan to get new hardware for the drawers and doors too. And, as I mentioned in Thursday's post, my idea of a "hospital theme" is gone, thanks to being informed that my great find was a worm box, not a hospital basin! Lady Jane has been harrassing me that I was not so bright in my purchase - Penniwig got her 2 cents in as well. I shall do something fabulous with the WORM BOX, and they will have to be eating WORMS when they see the transformation later on down the road - thank you very much ladies!!!

Please sign in below to add your project post to Mr. Linky, or click on the other names to see what everyone has been up to!

Have a great Friday - and GET R DONE!



8 comments:

Angela said...

Hey Girl! Your bathroom remodel is looking good! Can't wait to see the finishing touches!

I have been trying to upload my pictures for my post for 2 days now! lol Storms and satellite outages have kept me from getting it done! I will try again tomorrow morning.

Get R Done!
Angela

Barbara Jean said...

Great job getting that much done, especially with a bit of company coming over.

Will look forward to seeing more next week.

Thanks for hosting Monica.

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Dearie, I'm glad to see your terrible taste in buying rusty awful worm boxes does NOT extend to household decorating. The bathroom is going to look great, that's already obvious!

LADY JANE said...

TIN TOWN CIRCUS UPDATE: It has come to our attention that YOU have a valuable piece of tin town history!
We are willing to negotiate a price with you as the piece you may be holding that someone says is a worm box(?????) belongs in our historical displays! We are willing to pay you a large amount of 5 cents...but if you happen to have the box...in the original condition INCLUDING the spiders that Willy the Worm Swallower had for his Grande Finale Show (before he was so tragically taken from us) we will pay you the sum of 5 MILLION Dollars! Please advise us as to your decision regarding the destiny of this Valuable Historical Denture box...Truly Your...THE FANS and Followers of Willy

April said...

So far, so good....I'm very impressed! Can't wait to see it when it's all finished!

Chatty Crone said...

That was a huge project and it is turning out great. You have vision on your projects - something I am still cultivating! It looks nice and so cool you did it together.

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

I can't wait to see the whole finished project.
Molly

Bonnie said...

ooooh, nice colors! You guys done good! My bathroom is on my list for next paint job but I'm having trouble deciding which color I like that will also go with my carpet,(that I can't afford to replace right now). Wish me luck, and keep up the good work!