Monday, September 21, 2009

Real Estate - Chook Cottage 4-Sale??? SOLD - to the Highest Bidder!

He finally did it - - - Mr. Wonderful sold the coop right from under my hens!
The DICKENS, you say!!!
It began yesterday - it was supposed to be a peaceful Sunday. We got an order for our first hen house to be delivered in the mid-afternoon and we began strapping it into the pickup truck when the phone rang - someone desperate for a chicken house SOON! How soon? Well - - - NOW, said the woman!

After offering her the 'deal of a lifetime', Mr. Wonderful broke the news to me - my 'girls' will be HOMELESS! But, only for a week. He PROMISED to build them a new FORTIFIED home - De Creme de la Creme - the "Coop Du Jour". And so - I get to actually pick and choose any number of options available for my little troupe of hens! This is almost better than the surprise coop he originally designed for me, really....that hen house was his first trial and error model. THIS one will be superb!

We made our first delivery mid-afternoon, as promised. Then before my hen's home made the 'disappearing act', Mr. Wonderful took me to the lumber yard to pick out the ingredients for a new hen house - and surprised me by also purchasing insulating panels for the floor and roof! Oh, my girls will REALLY be spoiled now! He is also going shopping for a solar powered lighting system this week - so they can have interior lighting for reading bedtime stories during the long cold winters in Michigan. How cozy is THAT?!?
He began the process of framing up a new house, then we delivered my beautiful 'castaway coop' to the new owners. They were truly delighted! It was fun to see the looks on their faces, and how their eyes lit up as they checked out the doors and compartments, windows, and latches of their new Chook Palace. We were exhausted after an entire day of delivering the two coops, but as my bloggy friend Chatty Crone said to me, "...this could be the beginning of a dream come true!" And you know - - - she could be EGG-Zactly RIGHT!

7 comments:

Old Time Cindy said...

Congrats on having an enterprising weekend. And how does one live with spoiled chooks? Won't they be strutting their stuff with their new palace!
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

Chatty Crone said...

I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!
I hope this is the first of many coops to be sold for you and hubby.

April said...

I join with the others in being happy for you and your new venture! Hope this is only the beginning!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

More and more folks want to raise chickens...even my daughter in Chapel Hill! Their neighbors have them, and the hens always are rooting around in my daughter's front yard. Believe me, there are plenty of bugs and ticks in NC! They actually babysit the hens and lil' Emmy loves to gather eggs, when their neighbors travel somewhere. This could be a real, booming business for you and Mr. Wonderful! Thank heavens that man has the skills he does!!

Anonymous said...

oh----your hens are so lovely.and what a dream house they will have.my Roo would sure love to meet your ladies.thats for sure.
thank you for all your prayers while i was so sick.i am on my way back to recovery now.it sure feels good.yipeee...anniepoo

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

What a fine carpenter your husband is!

Your hen houses are just so unique. No wonder people are begging for them!

Angela said...

Looks like Mr. Wonderful is going to have to Get R Done by Friday! lol What will you do with your girls until he gets their new palace built? Sounds like they are going to be livin in style!

Hugs,
Angela