Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesdays Show & Tail - Prosthetics for Animals

I recently gained employment with a company whose beginnings started with creating prosthetic legs for people.  My job position is in the retail and customer service for orthotics  and durable medical equipment, but I've always been impressed by the devices that have been created to enable injured people not only to walk, but to run and jump and not be held down by a classification of "handicapped" any longer!  Here's a short video about a mini horse, Midnight, who, at 4 years of age, now has a second chance at being a real horse again!  What a delight to see what prosthetics has done for HIM!



3 comments:

Whosyergurl said...

Hi Monica! So wonderful that you are doing work that truly makes a difference. I would like to be in that position!
xo, Cheryl

Diann said...

Thats awesome Monica! congrats!

ocmist said...

That's a great vid! It's wonderful what they can do now with prosthetics, and I've always thought it would be interesting to work in that area. So glad you have a job that helps people. By the way, could you email me please? Linda