Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Free Graphics for your Projects

This holiday weekend was perfectly wonderful! We got a lot accomplished in our yard, and had time to take a few road trips during the days Mr. Wonderful had off from his job. On Saturday we stopped at a little Country Farm Store, and bought some ASPARAGUS! a Whopping FORTY POUNDS of it! Hence, the old crate labels for craft projects and the like.

We worked on cleaning, blanching and packaging the fresh asparagus for our freezer - and saved some for the weekend dinners, and the rest for wintertime meals! Fresh is Best, of course, but frozen is pretty darned close to being fresh, as far as I'm concerned!

5 comments:

Terry said...

Hi
Oh wow these are really awesome labels.
I love fruit and veggie crate labels.
I have two really old ones from 1901 .They are in nice matching frames and have moved a few dozen times with us over the last 25 years and they always work somewhere.
Thank you for posting these beauties !
Blessings of joy to you .

Angela said...

Fresh asparagus picked from the garden! Yum!!!

Hugs,
Angela

^..^Corgidogmama said...

One word needs to be said....Yum!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Forty pounds is MILES of asparagus!!!

ocmist said...

Oooo that sounds good! I had a bunch of asparagus for dinner the other night. It was on sale for only $1.49 a lb. It is usually so expensive here... up to $3.99 a lb. I don't know how to fix it for freezing, or I would when I catch it that low! I'd love an email on how you do that if you get the time sometime. Linda