Sunday, June 7, 2009

GET R DONE FRIDAY

But it's Sunday NIGHT, you say! True - but I did get my project done on Friday afternoon - but Friday and the whole weekend was a whirlwind and blew on by, so I didn't get a chance to post about it! So, here's Friday's project I completed in record time - rejuvenating yet another garden statue. This time, it was St. Francis of Assisi. I started out with a coat of black spray paint. Then, a coat of white spray paint, leaving some of the black in the curves of his robe, and behind the animals near him. Next, the green acrylic paint, then some light brown acrylic was added - and the final touch, gold highlights, as I did with last week's metal bunnies! Click picture to enlarge a bit. He looks so much better! (Mr. Wonderful is now worried that if he stands in one place too long, when he next looks in his mirror to shave he might be green with gold highlights!)

I took more photos of the bird nests under my covered porch, and thought it might be interesting to see.

It looks sort of blurry, but there they are....baby birdies, and you can kind of make them out. I had to put the camera almost right on top of the nest, as there was no room hardly between the nest and the top of the cubby hole that mom built it in. Those babies are well protected!

I glanced at the screen display after I snapped this picture and -- YEOWSERS! No mistaking what THIS IS! I guess baby bird thought the camera was mom ready to feed him some vittles! How adorable is that! These are photos from only one of the 3 nests under our porch! I bet they have all hatched by now, sweet little things!

Have a great rest of the evening - and tomorrow, I will show you Mr. Wonderful's project that was finally completed Saturday and Sunday! It is absolutely supurb!

3 comments:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

You did a great job on the Statue and I'm sure your DH is worried. Mine is afraid to take a nap if I'm anywhere near a can of paint...lol..
Great pictures of the birdies.

Barbara Jean said...

Oh my.
Can you imagine that's what the mama bird sees every time she comes to the nest??
Seems like she'd get tired feeding all those little tweeters!!

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

ocmist said...

Hi! Came over here through Twitter this time. I thought it might be you, but wanted to check. You've done a great job on these statues, and the bird shots were pretty interesting. Most of the baby birds around here are already out of their nests... at least the nests I know about.

That wide open mouth shot was a pretty good one! LOL Linda