Thursday, September 10, 2009

GET R DONE - Busy Week!

Welcome to this weeks' segment of GET R DONE FRIDAY!

If you are visiting and would like to join us, please do! It is very easy! All you have to do is:
  • Create post about a project you have completed - it can be something 'crafty', remodeling, planting a vine or a vineyard - it's totally up to you!
  • Link in with the Mr. Linky at the bottom of this post.
  • Visit all the participates and leave a comment so they know you have stopped by.
Be sure to refer viewers back to my blog so everyone can see who is participating today, and if you like - include the GET R DONE FRIDAY picture button (seen at the top of today's post) in your write-up. Please be sure to have your post up before linking in with a perma-link. Thanks so much!Days have passed by with a whirlwind of activities! Labor Day left Mr. Wonderful with a long weekend, and me - well, with a short week to get things done. As posted yesterday, I made a contact with a new shop at Squires Street Square in lovely downtown Rockford, Michigan - a place where my Corgi Cards will be offered for sale to more than just my "Etsy Customers". That is exciting for me! This way, I hope to be able to help more Corgis at Lakeshore Pembroke Welsh Corgi Rescue, and also donate more funds to Mel Trotter Ministries through sales of my photographic cards and dog bandannas.
Here is a review written about the Rockford and Squires Street Square:
This northeastern suburb of Rockford offers an eclectic mix of shopping and dining options in a cozy, small town atmosphere that seems to breathe Americana. Stroll through quaint little shops in the commercial district: high-end merchandise for the entire family at Glik's, specialty toys at Aunt Candy's, and second-hand and retro duds at Twice as Nice Consignment Boutique. Squires Street, restored to recapture its turn-of-the-century charm, is noteworthy for its light posts, brick sidewalks, and brilliant flowerbeds. Arnie's, the famous GR restaurant, opened shop in an old riverside mill in Rockford, and, of course, a burger and fries at world-famous Rosie's Diner is always a sound option.
The dam in Rockford, seen above, is a great place to walk around, or to stop and visit with friends. There are benches, sidewalks, and last year flowers and gorgeous planters were added to enhance the park.
The shops and boutiques are all within walking distance of the dam, and there's even an eatery called Dam Dogs, a truly fun place to stop in for a bite!
I've been creating recipe cards, and checking out local print shop prices to send my business to the Cedar Springs folks in our community.I was told they can print up almost anything I care to create, so my mind is running with that!I spent Wednesday evening and Thursday morning creating packaging and hang-tags for the Flip'nFold bandannas and my note cards. Computer imaging, printing, cutting, pasting, sealing cello envelopes - it all takes time. Dear mother said she will help with the next round of packaging I'll be needing. She and I always have such a good time together! I look forward to 'playing' at her house! Lots of Laughter is always a given!

This time of year is when the days grow shorter. Some folks are prone to SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). With seasonal affective disorder, fall's short days and long nights may trigger feelings of depression, lethargy, fatigue and other problems. I've long felt I am affected this way. It can be a struggle to fight off negative feelings this time of year, and remaining positive is something we all need, especially when we listen to the news and all of the glum and uncertainty it brings to us. Working on my Corgi photography projects and trying to get even MORE creative projects lined up and completed has helped me in my personal war against SAD. I want to get HAPPY, and get things DONE!

Now that you know what I've been working on this week, lets hear what YOU have gotten done! Sign on below to join in, and visit any blogs listed below on Mr. Linky!

3 comments:

Barbara Jean said...

cute cards sweetie.

Hope i did not have you worried about me showing up.

Just a bit behind with all the work at the store.

blessings.

barbara jean

LADY JANE said...

OMG...congrats girlfriend! How very exciting for you...an extended business adventure!
I am so proud of YOU...the cards are beautiful!!!! Your photography is so AMAZING! I wish I could get you here when our lil' Jalina is born...your photography would surely do her justice! Perhaps you should branch out and teach photography to use shakey handed...blurry mean well photographers! And I won't even go there on the whole getting them out of the camera thing! And yes...lol...I am trying to get my blurry little photos out of the camer to post!

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Your stationary items are so adorable! Very nice.