Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Flowers a-Plenty and Chicken Chickens!

Thought I'd share a collage of flowers that I photographed in my "circle garden" last week. I love the red poppies, but they have begun to fade and loose their leaves. Have to find time to get some bark mulch to put around the plants yet, but it's been so rainy most of the time, and I've been busy on the days that the sun is shining!

At dusk this evening we heard a sharp barking noise outside. Mr. Wonderful went outside on the covered deck and saw 2 fox! It sounded like more than just TWO - we figure it could be a family with kits - the kits are usually born in March, so they could be on the prowl. The chickens were cackling, but were starting to roost, so I went out and locked the hens in their coop, and I saw what I think was a young kit - it just stood there staring at me from about 20 ft. away. I may have to lock the girls in every night now - - I don't want any casualties!!!


No Chicken Left Behind -
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Angela said...

Oh Monica! You had better lock those chicky babes in their palace every night for awhile! I know I would! I wouldn't want any of them to get hurt either!

Hugs,
Angela

Angela said...

I forgot to tell you that your flowers are beautiful! I was too worked up worrying about your hens and the foxes trying to get them!

Hugs,
Angela

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Your flowers are so pretty, and those foxes can be a pest. Be sure and keep our girls safe.
Molly

Rose said...

flowers are beautiful. yes, lock up the area to protect the chicks. have a good day rose

Chatty Crone said...

You have so many animals around there to protect! sandie