Saturday, December 11, 2010

December...time to remember...

It's been a busy couple of months for me learning my new job.  Each day it gets a bit easier, but part time equals nearly no time for nearly anything else I'd like to do!  Blogging became a new and fun adventure a couple years ago when I first became unemployed, and it filled an empty space in my life.  Right now it seems that weekends are the only time I have time to check out anyone else's blogs, never mind writing for myself!
Dixie (L) and Sassy (R), 2 yrs of age (2 years ago, Christmas time)
This year we put up a SMALL 3 ft tall artificial tree - it's sitting on the sideboard - high enough so the Corgi girls cannot reach it.  The younger two girls think the ornaments are chew toys made especially for their little seam-ripper teeth!  Naughty girls!  I remember when they were just young pups - and when they'd chew and destroy a decoration I really liked, I'd think "gee, I'll be so thankful when they're about 3 yrs old-- they should be done teething..."  WRONG!  They're 4 now, and they still get into trouble with those pearly white tools!  Nothing is safe if those girls are left unsupervised for a moment!  And so - the tree is sitting up, high, on the sideboard.
Teeth like seam rippers!
My other 2 Corgis eat only food, and the rawhide chews that I give them.  Sissy is elderly and so mellow.  Prairie has always only gnawed on raw-hides (unless she has access to an open cupboard and helps herself to boxes of jello or pudding mixes....but, if it was open, or there was no door installed yet, it's clearly FAIR GAME, right?!?)  Since Mr. Wonderful built new cupboard doors, Prairie can't access any of the bagged or boxed foods.  It's no longer a "Self-Serve Cafe"!  This is something I can be truly thankful for!  But Prairie is not.  She just grumbles under her breath, disgusted that she has not got opposing thumbs to pry that door open!

 Be Thankful -

9 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I totally know those corgi grumbles!

farmlady said...

Corgis never fully "grow up". They just get smarter and craftier.
Glad to see your post, even now and then. Working has to take priority sometimes, even if it's part-time. Just drop us a line once in a while and let us know how you are.
Take care.

Angela said...

Just look at how small your corgi's are! Jazz isn't that small at all. I'm glad you were able to get a small tree up where the corgi girls won't be able to tear up your ornaments!

Merry Christmas!
Angela

Rose said...

yes, things like jobs or whatever may take time from blogging. you just do what you have to . those babies are cute. my babies so far haven't touched our tree. take care rose

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Jobs certainly get in the way sometimes, don't they? Am on my daughter's computer catching up while in NC. Rainy Sunday here, we're going to see the Disney Toy Story 3 ice show tonight and baking cookies tomorrow. Ahh, flying home Tues. will be here so soon. Your corgi kids are so dang cute, can you take a group pic with name tags so we can meet them all? Sure hope you find time during this season to enjoy, and breathe in the scents and mellow out to the sounds of the holiday. You are so right...corgi kids are little imps and can sniff out trouble very easily. Their cuteness saves their heinies time and again. Hugs.

Terra said...

How cute, a "self serve cafe" for your dog; it's good you got the doors installed. I am happy to meet you here.

Love Of Quilts said...

Merry Christmas. Trish

Chatty Crone said...

Your header is so cute with Santa Claus.

And my what big teeth they have!

I don't blame you for keeping things up and away.

And I also know how hard it is to start a new job and want to blog at the same time. You are loved.

Love,
sandie

Melanie {The Tiny Tudor} said...

I can relate to work sometimes taking over your life and pets who are are verrry curious about Christmas trees : ) All my ornaments are plastic for a reason. The cats think ornaments are all toys placed upon the tree for their picking! Hope you have a happy holiday season!